My name is Tao Yang (杨涛, in Chinese). I am now a fourth year PhD student at school of computing, University of Utah. My supervisors are Prof. Qingyao Ai and Prof. Jeff M Phillips.
My research mainly focuses on Information Retrieval and Machine Learning related topics. Currently I’m working on applying deep learning techniques on IR problems including product search/recommendation and learning to rank.
- Oct. 2022, One paper “Marginal-Certainty-aware Fair Ranking Algorithm” was accepted by WSDM2023.
- May.2022, Passed my Oral and written exams for ph.D. candidancy.
- May. 2022, Start the second Applied Scientist Internship at Amazon Search.
- Apr. 2022, One paper “Can clicks be both labels and features? Unbiased Behavior Feature Collection and Uncertainty-aware Learning to Rank was accepted by SIGIR2022.
- May 2022 - August 2022, Amazon Search, Applied Scientist Intern (the second time), Palo Alto, CA, USA. Working on Cold-start problem in ranking systems.
May 2021 - August 2021, Amazon Search, Applied Scientist Intern, Virtually. Working on Cold-start problem in ranking systems.
- Aug. 2019 - Now, University of Utah, ph.D. study, advised by Prof. Qingyao Ai and Prof. Jeff M Phillips, Salt Lake City, UT, USA.
- Sept. 2016 - July 2019, Zhejiang University, M.E., Department of Engineering Mechanics, Hangzhou, China, advised by Prof. Tiefeng Li and Prof. Zhilong Huang
- Sept. 2012 - July 2016, Wuhan University, B.E., Department of Engineering Mechanics, Wuhan, China.
Awards and Honors
- Amazon Fellowship (post-internship award) (2021). $20k.
- SIGIR'2022 Student Travel Grant;WWW'2021 Student Travel Grant; CIKM'2020 Student Travel Grant;
- Zhejiang University Nandu Second-class Scholarship(2017), Scholarship in honor of Haojiang Ding(2017), Outstanding student Prize(2017)
- First Prize of the Sixth National Collegiate Mathematics Competition, China, 2015
- Second Prize of the National Mechanics Competition in honor of Peiyuan Zhou, China, 2015
- Wuhan University Second-class Scholarship(2013,2014,2015),Outstanding Student prize(2013,2014,2015)
Last updates: Nov.11 2022